Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Few Words From A Genious

This one goes out to all the ladies who are frequent readers of my journey that I like to call "Selling out...a blogger's story".

This is something I read in the book "Sex God" by Rob Bell. And its something I think all the ladies should hear, so i am going to quote it for you.

"Do you realize?

You don't need a man by your side to validate you as a woman. You already are loved and valued. Do you believe this? Because it's true. You have limitless worth and value."

Now, the section is quite long, so I won't quote it all. (Also I would just like to add that THIS BOOK IS AMAZING, and I highly recomend it for everyone, again it is called "Sex God, Exploring the endless connections between sexuality and spirituality." And its by the genious Rob Bell.

But when I think about that part of the book I just wish every girl in the world could understand that. (Just a side note, for some reason or another I feel really retarded writing this....oh well...I shall continue!) Our culture comes down on women so hard, objectifying then and making them feel like they are never good enough but that some cocoa butter and a cute boyfriend who treats you like crap would help that.

This is so far from the truth, God loves each and every one of you just as you are, don't every buy into the lie that you are not good enough. God believes that you are worth dying for!

Now though this peticular section of the book was aimed towards the ladies, I would like to expand that thought a little and apply it for the rest of us. The title of that chapter was "Worth Dying For" so...

"Worth Dying For"

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (Need I give you the reference...(John 3:16))
It is probably the most quoted and well know verse in the Bible. But how often do we miss the concept at hand here. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son". God sent His Son to die for us. I repeat...God sent His Son to die for us. Because Of Jesus we are free from Sin! God thinks we are worth dying for, He proved it.


"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us"(Rom 5:8)

If we only could truly grasp this concept! God believes we are worth dying for. Now Rob Bell used this idea to show people how important they are and how they should never settle and that they fact that God loves us should be enough, we are worth dying for. And girls, never settle, don't settle for a guy who is second best to what God has for you.

But what if we thought about this in every area of our life; worth dying for and don't settle. (I bet there are so many people out there probably screaming at thier computers right now for me to listen to my own words lol). If Christ dies for us, shouldn't that be enough? We shouldn't need, girlfriends, boyfriends, trucks, houses, computers, iPods and so on, to make us feel accepted, loved, whole, completed.

We don't deserve what Jesus did for us, and we a lot of the time don't feel like we deserve it, but He still did it! (In the words of Beth Moore..."Praise You Father") Jesus dies for us because he loves us.

God loves me and that should be enough for me...nothing else. We have limitless worth and value to God.

I hope that everyone truly grasps, believe and understands this, it is a life changing and freeing truth.

I am worth dying for

10 comments:

superwomanlmm said...

Cocoa Butter is amazing and a cute boyfriend is nice, but nothing will complete you until you first fall in love with your Saviour. Until you intimately know Christ and his love for you, you will not be able to be truly satisfied by others.

Anonymous said...

so are you free? if this is a freeing truth as you say... i wasn't screaming at your computer, but i was thinking it... so... are you???

scottie

Anonymous said...

by the way... i love you scott ingalls...

still scottie

Yurr...She Blows said...

what am I supposed to be free from?

Anonymous said...

uh huh... whatever...

scottie

Em Bass said...

Ok so the title of your post was "A Few Words From A Genius" but I didn't see you quote me anywhere.



haha

Yurr...She Blows said...

Cute Pepto...very cute

Em Bass said...

what can I say...I'm a genius.



oh snap I AM good

Anonymous said...

your first line is good. but guys dont need to have a woman around all the time either being a slave in your heart. let her go and let God in. love deeply, hold on loosly

Yurr...She Blows said...

Identify yourself!