Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ah, Sweet, Suculant Rest

Ok, first things first...Happy Birthday Pepto!!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding

In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your path straight.
(Pr 3:5-6)

And this is the one I don't like. It comes back to that whole trust thing. You know when your life sucks and people say "Oh, it will all work out in the end". This just never seems to solve anything in times of discomfort. Even though God has control of it, you never want to hear that at the time.
I have to trust God with my life, I have to, without Him I really have nothing.
God says "come to me, you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"
When life gets tiresome, when things get heavy, and you are tired.
When the struggles of this life are too much of a burden to carry, God can give you rest. How awesome would it be to really understand this concept fully?

In my life things change pretty quickly. I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm angry....I mean, just pick a mood and go with it! But seriously, the past week I've been really letting the crap of this life get me down. And its been a rough one for me, I won't lie. It gets very tiresome and hard to go through. Very overwhealming at times.

Can God really give me rest? Can God take the cares of this world and rid me of them? If He can then will He do this? Yes if I trust in Him, He will give me rest. But I have to trust him, and cast my cares upon Him. That's the hard one right there, casting all your cares upon the Lord. Its so hard to trust God when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least it is for me, because God doesn't fit into my time frame or my plans. So often I do the opposite of the verse that started this blog says, I don't trust in the Lord, and I don't not lean on my own understanding.

But I thank Him for the truth that if I cast my cares upon Him, if I trust him, if I come to Him when I am burdened and weary He can give me rest. God has been good to me and I thank Him for it. He can and will give me rest, so I place my trust in Him. God has started healing my heart, and I know if I trust Him that He is good on His end to see it through.

1 comment:

Em Bass said...

I don't get it. It wasn't my birthday on May 17th. It was April 22nd.
I don't know to thank you for the effort or to get offended by this.