Thursday, May 24, 2007

A "Sex God" Talked To Me Today. Part 2



So these pictures have nothing to do with my post...but apparently people like posts with pictures. So these pics are ones I took of Central Wesleyan's newest engaged couple. This was taken last fall while we were on a hike. As you can see they have reached the next stage of relationship, they are so in love they just can't help but spit water in each other's faces. Oh and I have more pictures of them, so stay tuned to the blog, cause you never know what you might see.

Have I ever mentioned how I feel about couples? Either way, Congratulations Tim and Holly.

Now onto something far more important.

My last blog got really long, so I decided to split it up. So just pretend this one is tagged right on the end of the last one titled "A 'Sex God' talked to me today. Part 1".

So from reading "Sex God" I am learning taht we are so disconnected with God, with each other, with nature. So I want to encourage everyone to get outside, alone and listen for God. But more than just alone, with others, family, friends, people you don't care for, everyone! God drove this home for me on my hike today. He wants us to be connected, and this is a great way to do it...GO OUTSIDE! We can sit on msn, facebook, blogs (I see the irony) all we want and leave comments, have conversations, talk on the phone, watch movies and still be so disconnect from each other. Outside, away from distractions, enjoying the beauty, and wonder of God's creation. There is something special about being outside.


Go outside, hike, play baseball, throw the football, go for a hike with your family, invite people over to watch your idiot dog run around the yard. Who cares but get with people and get connected with each other, God, nature.


"God looked at all that He had made, and it was very good." (Gen 1:31) So lets enjoy it. Its a great chance to get to know people. Families, friends, whatever. God showed me the importance of getting outside and its something that I want to do more. And that is also my challenge to you as well.


Maybe this sounds a little crazy to some people...and don't get me wrong, I AM NOT A TREE HUGGER! But I like I say, God just showed me the importance of being outside with Him alone, and with Him and others. I don't even know if I fully understand what all this means or the true significance of it, but there is something more there than just walking through the trees like David Suzuki and his buddies. There's something spiritual, it's relationships between people, God, and nature...the way God originally created the earth to be.

Peace out all.

6 comments:

Em Bass said...

Awww I'm right happy for Tim and Holley...ofcourse he had to do it when I was gone so I got the news 2 whole days after...pfft.
So how did he do it anyone? I didn't get the whole story. Light house or something?

Yurr...She Blows said...

Ya, you shoudl just ask him about that.

Kim said...

So are you saying we all need to take the time and hug a tree? I am going to try it tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Yurr...She Blows said...

Tree huggers are gay.

Anonymous said...

green algea is gay

Em Bass said...

Got the story. It was quite interesting.