Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bigger or Better?

Well...it has been a while since I posted last. Hopefully this marks the official start of my blogging again.
Well the summer for me was one of, drama...uh, that is about it lol. No, honestly though, it has been a good summer indeed, lots of work at the weir (I love it) a little time on the mainland, a great birthday with my friends. And to top it all off, the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to in my life.
So at this time I must take a second to bid the newlywed Branscombes a congratulations. (There ya go, an official shout out from the Scott Ingalls Blog.) Seriously, the best and most beautiful wedding I have ever been to. And to top it all of THE VOWS WERE AMAZING!!!! (I think you know what I mean)
If you want to see pictures you can find them on Stephanie Fitzsimmon's facebook. She did an amazing job. She's got a great eye...and she did have some pretty good subjects to work with.

Now to the point. I've been watching through some of my U2 dvds the last couple of nights. (And Btw, If you don't think U2 are spiritual...uh...you're wrong.)
But in one concert just before the song "Where the streets have no name" Bono quotes a section from the Message translation (I use the term loosely) of the Bible. He quotes from Psalm 116 around verse 12.

"What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me?
I'll lift high the cup of Salvation, a toast to God
I'll pray in the name of God;
I'll complete what I promised God I'd Do,
And I'll Do It together with His People"

It reminds me of a song I sang once in a Christmas concert against my will...it went like this "what can I give to the King, give to the one who has everything"...ok yes, the song sucked.

But it got me to thinking about what I have to offer God. All I have is this poor excuse for a life and the mess I have made of it. And God still wants it?

It is still rough for me at times, and I wonder what I am to do with my life, what I want for myself, how I will achieve that and how it will all turn out in the end. Everything I have done, seen and endured in the last year has left me to be summed up in one word...TIRED. It has left me to think that there is no salvation from this weariness. Cause I'm nearing the end of the rope.

I realized once again that through all this time God still wants to teach me, and use me (A reminder is always good). The thought occurred to me, God has so much of a bigger plan for me than I could ever have for myself.

When I'm ready to throw in the towel on myself, God still has a bigger plan for me. When I sin, or when I am about to sin, the though occurs to me "something bigger". Right now I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and all around me is confusion, more pain and fatigue but God in the midst of it all still has something bigger in His plan for me than I could ever dream up. God wants to blow my mind with what he has for me, if I rely on him.

I don't know if this has seemed clear to anyone else but I hope so. If you are confused, down, angry, or like me, just worn out. Remember, God has a something bigger for you. When you don't want to go on another day, God has something bigger for you, I truly believe that. So trust, hold onto Him, and rest in his promises.

So I leave you with this thought, this hope, this promise:

Something Bigger

I thank God for his love, faithfulness, His Love. I thank him for hard times. Without Him I don't know where I'd be.

3 comments:

Kirk said...

I read this whole post and I'm the first commentator. Everything else I could do would be meaningless.

Em Bass said...

nice to have you back, and I really liked your post!

Marcus Satellite said...

Hi Yurr...sheblows,

I've always connected with U2's sprituality. They were always more than a rock band to me. I'm still a huge fan. I covered 13 of their songs on my album, The Marcus Satellite Tribute To U2, on
iTunes. I tried to capture those feelings I get when I heard U2 for the first time.

Enjoy!
Marcus