Saturday, September 15, 2007

Confessions Part 1 (Warning, If I Do All My Confessions...There Could Be A Lot Of Parts)

Well, I have to make a confession, something I have to admit before I can proceed any further with my blog.. I received affirmation considering my blog this week. From an individual who I respect very much. Now here comes the good part. The thing was that when this person said it to me, I felt like I needed to post. Not because I really had anything on my mind to share but because I wanted to impress people.
Now if most of you are smart, (I think you are) then you'll should know better than to be impressed by me. But I have to confess that I feel the pressure to blog, often just for the sake of blogging so people will tell me how much they enjoy it.
When I first started this blog it was more of a joke for me...not even a joke, it was something to waste time that I just all of a sudden seemed to have kicking around. But very quickly it turned into something more for me, which I don't think is an accident. I told myself then that I was only going to share my own personal thoughts and lesson that I learned on my journey through life.
And yet time and time again I have had to stop writing posts, delete posts, and have caught myself writing just for the simple reason that I haven't posted in a while. Numerous occasions during the summer I have sat down and began to post, and yet deep down inside I knew I wasn't in the position to be doing that.
Even today I've frantically been trying to find something to post, because I love it, I love learning from God and sharing it with others in this way. (Writing is really my only way of getting out what I'm thinking) And I admit the frustration that has come when I don't get anything to post, but obviously God isn't done showing me something yet, I just don't see the big picture yet, or I've let my pride overtake what is really important (In other words, I want to say what I want to say when I want to say it...Not what God wants to say when He wants to say it). I want to make sure in whatever I do here, whatever I say, that it has God's blessing.

I see this blog as a place of reflection for me, a place where I can record what God has done for me, so that I never forget it. Because when we forget what God has done for us then it is so easy to just stop following him. And even more than that I hope that this can be a place where I share from my journey in life, my struggles, my strong points, the lesson I learn (and even an inside joke here and there) in hopes that it truly will help or encourage someone else.
So that is my confession...well I guess it is a confession.
I pray that I will never let pride come into this, and that it will remain only what God wants it to be. Without God I would have never made it through some very tough times. Without the friends He's blessed me with I would have then encouragement I needed to endure the trials of life.

I thank Him for who He is, and for what He does for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I was reading and I was like wow this is pretty deep and good and then i saw the annoucement for the service in capital leters and I started laughing really hard. Lol not sure why.

Lor & Josh said...

Scott, the Word promises that "God gives grace to the humble but He resists the proud." all through this post of yours I hear the humility of Jesus, so I know God will continue to speak to you and through you. If you're all about His glory He'll be all about showing you Himself so you can share Him with others. I look forward to reading when He gives you stuff to say. I completely resonate with the struggle to want to blog for the sake of getting one out there. But I love that you recognize the difference between your will and God's will, your timing and His. As you continue to listen, submit, and obey He will use your voice to make a difference for His Kingdom. Miss ya dude. ;)