Friday, October 19, 2007

The Harsh Atlantic









(The one with the stupid look on his face...ya if you didn't figure it out...thats me in my tradition pose of having a stupid look on my face. The other one is Patricia...my cousin)
Well it is not very often that I venture away from the more tradition themes in my blog...however this one just couldn't go untold.
I had a chance to share one of my favorite pass times with someone special. It was with my cousin Patricia on a recent visit of hers to Grand Manan that I discovered my true ambition and calling in life. Boat building. Now I don't want to brag but this may be the most masterful piece of work to ever challenge the waters of the Seal Cove Sound.
I can't tell you all how awesome I really am at this whole boat building thing, I mean this bad boy was constructed completely of junk off the Dark Harbour sea wall...she even comes with a set of stabilizers for added passenger comfort. And that ugly rag on there...well Patty wanted that, its a flag...(Flow high from the castle of my heart.)

Anyway just to say it again...I rock, I am awesome, I am totally radical and can out boat-build anyone!!!...But just to put a little spiritual side on this, we all know that pride cometh before the fall. If you looked at all the pics you'll see my masterpiece capsizing, fall victim to the hard seas of the Atlantic ocean. Guess I'll have to find a new calling in life.

Until next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

silly silly
-aleta

Anonymous said...

I sure wish I had those boat building skills...they will definitely get you far in life lol

Kirk said...

You build boats? I knew you built traps, and sign for contemporary services. You should build a new ferry and then sell it to the government for twice what it cost for you to make it.